Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Oddly Fitting

I went to that class tonight, the one I've been considering registering for. It's an advanced EMT class.

Sad to say, the class won't be running, since they did not get enough people registered. After all my thinking and deciding about taking it, turns out, I won't have the option.

Not exactly, anyway.

The instructor said he will try to see if he can find a way for us to complete the class. We might do some of it by sitting in with a more advanced class, some by getting together in small groups, some by independent study. Some online. Some by having a guest speaker come in. And some by having assigned homework. And, of course, as would be done with the original course, much of it by clinical time at the hospital and ride time in the field on an ambulance.

Huh.
An unheard of way to run a college course, maybe.

But not at all unfamiliar to me.
:-)

I don't know if he'll be able to make it work, as far as the powers-that-be are concerned.

I DO think I'd have a better time, and learn more, this way, than by sitting in a lecture twice a week for several months.

No comments:

Post a Comment